DIGITAL SKILLS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
The Arizona Commerce Authority's Small Business Digital Academy is designed to equip the state's small businesses with digital strategies and literacy. Many customers now expect to engage with businesses online, whether by reviewing a restaurant menu on Google, buying products on the website or asking questions through social media. Leveraging digital tools can support and improve the resiliency of your business.
The Small Business Digital Academy is held four times a year. Applications for the 2023 winter cohort are now closed.
ABOUT THE ACADEMY
Over six weeks, the Arizona Small Business Academy prepares small businesses to operate successfully in a digitally-driven economy. Entrepreneurs and small business owners will learn strategies for website, social media, e-commerce, search engine optimization (SEO), customer relationship management (CRM) and analytics tools to effectively represent their business online.
Modules are guided by small business experts on Monday and Friday of each week. Participants can access additional learning resources throughout the Academy to supplement their understanding and application of strategies learned during the Monday lecture sessions. Live learning sessions and open office hours alternate weekly on Mondays. Open office hours allow participants to ask questions and receive feedback from mentors directly.
- Evaluating Value for Online Needs: Start by identifying your business's unique value proposition for your customers to optimize your online efforts.
- Getting Online: Build your business credibility by creating and evaluating a website that provides your business the foundation for online success.
- Selling Online: Engage customers and drive consumer action by selling products and services online.
- Connecting Online: Cultivate quality connections with your potential and return customers and increase brand advocacy through social media strategies.
- Growing Online: Improve your website's traffic by learning to rank higher in search results and growing your customer base with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies.
- Thriving Online: Evaluate your newly minted online efforts and management systems to grow and improve your business.
ACADEMY APPLICATION SCHEDULE
All interested Arizona small businesses needing in need of digital marketing and selling assistance are invited to sign-up to receive notifications for the 2023 Spring cohort.
2023 Winter Cohort Schedule:
- Application Opens: Tuesday, January 2, 2023
- Application Closes: Sunday, January 22, 2023
- Information Session for Interested Participants: Friday, January 13, 2023
- Module 1 Live: Monday, January 30, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
- Open Office Hour Week: Monday, February 6, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
- Module 2 Live: Monday, February 13, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
- Open Office Hour Appointment Week: Monday, February 20, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
- Module 3 Live: Monday, February 27, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
- Open Office Hour Week: Monday, March 6, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.